- Commercial Litigation
- Corporate, Commercial & Securities Law
- Banking and Secured Lending
- Intellectual Property & Technology
- Business Immigration
- Law Society of British Columbia (2011)
- BBA (Finance), University of Regina
- Juris Doctor, University of Saskatchewan
Kashif A. Ahmed | Partner
Kashif Ahmed is a partner with Robertson Neil LLP. His practice focuses on commercial litigation, corporate & securities law and banking & secured lending. He was called to the Bar of British Columbia in 2011.
Kashif represents companies, entrepreneurs and shareholders in breach of contract, shareholder & partnership disputes, director's & officer's liability, oil & gas disputes, intellectual property disputes, and employment disputes. He has successfully represented clients before the Courts of British Columbia as well as in alternative dispute resolution including mediation.
In his corporate & commercial practice, Kashif provides business-focused advice to various investment, financial, life sciences, medical, natural resources and technology companies. This includes asset and share purchases and sales, shareholder agreements, license agreements, technology agreements, intellectual property matters, secured transactions and lending, employment agreements, mergers, acquisitions and reorganizations. He further advises on securities transactions and corporate governance, including disclosure obligations and regulatory compliance. Given his experience in the energy industry, Kashif also acts for clients in negotiating farm-outs, joint ventures, operating agreements and royalty agreements.
On corporate immigration matters, Kashif also advises entrepreneurs and companies on applications under the B.C. provincial business nominee program and on obtaining work permits for the temporary entry of key personnel.
- Partner, Robertson Neil LLP - 2016 to Present
- Lawyer, Robertson Neil LLP – 2011 to 2016
- Articled Student, Robertson Neil LLP - 2010
- Advisory Board, Newplanet Inc. - 2013 to Present
- Legal Internship, Encana Corporation – 2009
- Land Department, Imperial Oil Limited – 2007
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Vancouver Bar Association
- Access Pro Bono Society of BC, Summary Legal Advice Clinic