Robertson Neil LLP has one of the most developed communications law practices in Canada. Our lawyers provide corporate and legal advice to clients in the communications, broadcasting and technology industries. Our firm has represented clients involved in land line and wireless telecommunications, cable television, Internet and telephony services. We are regularly in contact with the CRTC, Industry Canada and other federal departments and regulators.
We regularly advise clients on the following:
- Dealing with municipalities to negotiate rights of way, municipal access agreements and building access issues.
- Issues related to the Canadian Radio-television Telecommunications Commission (CRTC), Competition Bureau and Industry Canada.
- Broadcast distribution, telephony, interconnection and technology issues.
- Preparation and review of various agreements including indefeasible rights of use (IRU) agreements, fibre lease agreements, construction contracts, support structure and duct agreements.
- Regulatory compliance.
- Copyright matters.
- Privacy issues and disclosure requests from law enforcement and security agencies.
- Assisting technology companies at all stages of their development from start up to maturity with corporate structuring, angel and venture financing, joint ventures and licensing issues.