Tel. 604.685.1620 ext 234
- Securities and Corporate Finance
- Mergers, Acquisitions and Reorganizations
- Corporate and Commercial Law
- Communications Law
- Law Society of British Columbia (2006)
- LLB, Bond University (Australia)
- LLM (Internet and Copyright Law), University of British Columbia
Marta C. Davidson | Associate
Marta Davidson is an associate with Robertson Neil LLP. Her practice focuses on corporate finance and securities, business and communications law. She was called to the Bar of British Columbia in 2006.
Marta advises both public and private companies on various aspects of securities law, including initial and secondary public offerings, listing on all Canadian stock exchanges, listing as a capital pool company and completion of qualifying transaction, equity and debt financings, asset and share acquisitions and dispositions, shareholder meetings, corporate reorganizations, reverse take-overs, arrangements and mergers. Marta also provides advice on continuous disclosure obligations, corporate governance and regulatory compliance.
In Marta's corporate and commercial law practice, she focuses on providing practical and accessible advice concerning day-to-day matters which affect her clients' businesses, including business formation and reorganization, purchase and sale transactions, ownership agreements (including shareholder, partnership and joint venture agreements) and general contract drafting and interpretation.
Marta also advises clients on communications matters including regulation of telecommunications companies, dealing with municipalities (e.g. negotiation of municipal access agreements), foreign ownership restrictions, CRTC filings and preparation of various agreements including indefeasible right of use (IRU) and fibre lease agreements, construction contracts and support structure and duct agreements.Professional Activities
- Associate, Robertson Neil LLP – 2010 to Present
- Associate, Clark Wilson LLP – 2007 to 2009
- In-house Counsel, mining exploration and development company group listed on the TSX Venture Exchange – 2006 to 2007
- Corporate Secretary, a2b Fiber Inc. – 2011 to present
- In-house counsel, mining exploration and development company group listed on the TSX Venture Exchange – 2006 to 2007
- Women Lawyers’ Forum, Canadian Bar Association, Member
- Securities Practice Group, Canadian Bar Association, Member
- Dress For Success, Volunteer
- Y.E.S.! Vancouver, Member
- Bond University Alumni Association, Chapter Representative for Vancouver