M&A, Securities and Corporate Finance
We offer comprehensive legal services in securities, corporate finance, mergers and acquisitions and securities regulatory matters. We provide small firm personal service, efficiency, speed and effectiveness with big firm and industry experience.
We are ready to assist you with:
- Initial public offerings and listing on all Canadian stock exchanges.
- Secondary public offerings.
- Capital pool companies and qualifying transactions.
- Debt and convertible securities.
- Preparation of offering memorandums.
- Amalgamations, mergers, arrangements, acquisitions and reorganizations, including "going private" transactions. We have experience as counsel to offerors and potential target companies.
- Spin-off transactions.
- Takeover bids and issuer bids.
- Ongoing compliance with securities law and continuous disclosure requirements.
- Corporate governance including directors' and officers' duties and liabilities.
- Shareholder meetings.
- Auxiliary advice in areas such as employment law.
- Implementation of employee stock option plans.
During and beyond the process of going public, we focus on requirements specific to the company’s stage of growth. Prior to taking your company public, it is crucial to structure your company properly, and we have extensive experience with:
- Pre-public financings, including angel and venture capital investments including introduction to venture capital and investment banking firms.
- Share structure of new companies and re-organization of share structure of existing companies.
- Preparation of various agreements such as joint venture and option agreements, employment and consulting agreements and non-disclosure agreements.
We have experience in a wide range of industries including mining, oil & gas and communications.